Where will my personal message go?
Hand written on a Mrs Bell’s Brownies postcard, inside the tin of brownies.
Do you deliver internationally?
At the moment we don’t. Why? Mrs Bell’s Brownies are made without any preservatives so sending them long haul to Australia would be a bit much for them.
How many brownies are in a tin?
Twelve brownies are in the larger tin and 6 in the smaller.
How large are the brownies?
Each classic brownie is approximately 5cm by 5cm by 2cm. The other flavours are a little deeper – between 2 – 3cm.
How much do the brownies weigh?
It depends on what you choose.
- Classic: 12 weigh approximately 700g
- Peanut butter and strawberry jam: 12 weigh approximately 900g
- Salted caramel: 12 weigh approximately 700g
- Lotus biscuit: 12 weigh approximately 850g
- Triple chocolate: 12 weigh approximately 700g
- Double Decker: 12 weigh approximately 800g
- Selection tin: 12 assorted brownies weigh approximately 800g
- Eggnog inspired white chocolate blondies: 12 weigh approximately 700g
- Ruby chocolate cranberry brownies: 12 weigh approximately 800g
- Mince pie brownies: 12 weigh approximately 800g
When you order 12 brownies (or blondies!) you will always receive well over half a kilo of brownies, whatever flavour you choose.
How are the brownies packaged?
When ordering a large tin (12 brownies ) or Mrs Bell’s Brownies are individually hand cut, wrapped in white baking paper and then wrapped again in a layer of tissue paper. They’re then placed in a tin box along with a little card, and if you wish, a hand written personal message. The tin features illustrated stickers and is held closed with tied twine. The tin is packaged into a cardboard postage box using more tissue paper to keep it secure.
For the smaller tin of 6 the tissue paper is not required and the cardboard packaging is a ‘book wrap’, which you may be familiar with as Amazon use these a lot.
Can I re-use the tin?
Absolutely! And we really hope you do. The tin is perfect for storing all sorts of things in it. We even use one for growing cress in! The stickers though are not water proof so please don’t scrub your tin! If it gets grubby give it a wipe instead.
Can I buy the brownies without the tin? (Or the tin without the brownies?)
In short, no. We package the brownies in the tins so that they reach you in perfect condition. We are not able to take receipt of empty tins for refilling. Please note the tin is supplied to keep the brownies in perfect condition, so if it does sadly get bashed about by our friends at Royal Mail, we cannot be responsible for this and are not able to supply another tin as a replacement. The tin is, in short, there to protect the brownies.
What are the packaging dimensions?
The postal box for 12 is approximately 20cm x 15cm x 10cm. For the 6 brownie tin is it xxxx.
How long will my brownies keep for?
The brownies will keep for 2 weeks in the fridge, 1 week at room temperature or 3 months in the freezer. (Defrost before serving, still wrapped, at room temperature). Please make sure you keep them well wrapped or they will dry out.
How do you suggest the brownies are served?
Well, there are so many possibilities! Firstly if you are keeping the brownies in the fridge, let them come to room temperature. The flavours are more intense this way.
All the brownies are delicious just as they are, maybe with a cup of tea or coffee too. They’re also great for pudding with a few extras. Why not try?
- A classic slightly warmed (in the oven or microwave) with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a few fresh strawberries or raspberries.
- Serve the all American peanut butter and strawberry jam brownies with a peanut butter and chocolate milkshake.
- Our salted caramel brownie is so decadent and grown up it’s perfect for entertaining. Serve with parfait, a shard of brazil nut brittle and more salted caramel sauce.
- Lotus biscuit brownies are perfect for when you can’t decide between a cake and biscuit. They’re great with a cup of tea and also a delicious addition to ice cream. Cut the brownies up into small pieces and mix into slightly softened vanilla ice cream.
- Our triple chocolate brownies were created with the ultimate chocolate fix in mind. Try cutting into four cubes and using to dip into chocolate fondue.
- Our Double Decker brownies are not just popular with children; adults seem to love them too. We serve them with chocolate liqueur after dinner along with miniature Double Decker bites.
- Our festive flavoured brownies are much enjoyed by Father Christmas with a little nip of brandy.
Keep a look out on our blog for recipe ideas too.
Do you make gluten free or vegan brownies?
Afraid not. To bake gluten free brownies we would need to separate out all of our equipment, as well as test the brownies in a lab. At the moment, with all the brownies being baked from a home kitchen and this being a start up business, I’m afraid this isn’t possible. Perhaps in the future.
Currently we don’t sell vegan brownies as we’ve not come across a recipe we’re happy with. However there are lots of brownie makers online who specialise with baking vegan treats. Probably best to go to the experts.
Who took the photos and styled the pictures for Mrs Bell’s Brownies?
The photos were taken by Scott Choucino (http://www.scottchoucino.com/ ), and the food styling and props of the main flavours were by Sophie at Woodrow Studios (https://www.woodrowstudios.co.uk/ ) who is a good friend. She even hand made the beautiful green board the tin was shot on. They are both available for hire throughout the UK and are very nice indeed. The festive photos were styled by me!
Will the recipient have to sign for their brownies?
No, none of the postal options are signed for.
Will the brownies fit through the door?
The larger box will not, it is approximately 20cm x 15cm x 10cm. The tin of 6 might do and measures xxx
Will there be an invoice/receipt included in the package?
So many of our brownies are bought as gifts that we do not include an invoice/receipt. Instead, we email these details so you can keep them to yourself!